We love pets at the Pueblo KOA! We understand that they are a member of your family and in addition to our 'Dog Walk Areas', your 4-legged, furry family members can enjoy a great walk on our Nature Trail or run off-leash in our 8,000 square foot Dog Park!
Each KOA does have a different Pet Policy so before you go to another KOA Kampground, you'll want to call ahead and find out their specific policy. For example, some do not allow pets in Kamping Kabins or may have limited pet units. Others do not accept particular breeds that their insurance providers have identified as aggressive.
KOA has established some guideline to make sure that all guests have a safe and enjoyable experience and we at the Pueblo KOA follow these guidelines:
- Bring the Leash ~ Pets must be kept under direct and immediate control and on leashes no longer than 6 feet when outside their owner's vehicles or rental units.
- Good Behavior is Required ~ Dogs of any breed that are hostile or aggressive will be asked to leave the campgrounds, along with their owners.
- Never Leave Unattended ~ Pets may not be left unattended and tied up outside at picnic tables, utility hook-ups, RVs, trees or similar areas.
- Other Campers ~ Always be sensitive to other campers and control your pet's behavior.
- Pet Pens ~ Outdoor pet pens must have management approval prior to being erected.
- Pet Walking Areas ~ When attending to your pets needs, you should use our designated 'Pet Walk Area' and immediately and always pick up after them. Disposal bags and trash cans are available in the immediate area.
- Remember Manners ~ Constant barking bothers other campers. If your pet is too vocal, you'll need to find other accommodations.
- Restricted Areas ~ Pets are not permitted in any campground building, restrooms, playground area, pavilion or any other public facility.
- Use Good Judgment ~ Pet owners should always use good judgment when it comes to their pets so as not to put their dog or cat at risk and not to diminish the camping experience for others.
Pet Sitting Services
Going to be gone for the majority of the day? Sight-seeing to a museum that doesn't allow pets? No problem! For a reasonable fee, we provide pet sitting services for those days that you need someone to watch your pet. Whether it is a walk, 'potty break' or feeding, we do it all.
To setup a pet sitting appointment(s), simply visit us at the Registration Desk or call us at 719.542.2273.